Things lost in our house right now:
- Two of my four Lightning cables
- Justin’s multitool
- My work keys
- My wallet
- The Otterbox for my iPhone
- Two of our three hairbrushes
- The pitcher we use to fill the water filter
- Two of the three new pairs of wool socks I bought myself last month
- Malcolm’s squeaky frog
- My big steel mixing bowl
My current office productivity boosters:
- A State holiday that means hardly any staff are in the building
- A closed office door
- Taylor Swift’s new album
- A Venti cappuccino with an extra shot of espresso
Things I’m shaking off, per Tay:
- My frustrations about the project I want to control but can’t
- My feelings of dread about the state of our house (see list of things Lost In It)
- My bewilderment at the array of contradictory opinions I got about the carpet for the library
- My generalized exhaustion
- The fact that a chipmunk family is living in my basement
- My soul-deep awareness of everything that needs to be vaccumed in our house
- This nagging feeling that I really do have a head cold but I’m unwilling to admit it
- My basic set state of anxiety about everything ever
Things I’m holding close:
- Justin’s graceful and loving reaction to my freakout about the house last night.
- Taylor Swift makes really good pop music, and I also have the new Miranda Lambert for when I want to change gears.
- The sweet cuddles and big smile I got from Gwyneth when I woke her for a diaper change and clothes before I took her to daycare.
- I was only 7 minutes late for my 8 am meeting!
- The fact that I ate breakfast, packed my lunch, planned my dinner, and am comfortably within my calorie goal while eating well. I got this, yo.
- This morning’s realization that I never had any muscle pain or strain after my last kettlebell workout. Rock the fuck on, body.
- My base confidence that I can handle the 51 red flagged items in my email inbox
- Anticipation of an evening with Michael and Amy, who are coming over for dinner. Cooking is an act of love for me, and I love these people with all my heart.
- My faith that all of this? It’s all going to work out.
- My cappuccino.